Join us Thursday, April 28th from 6-7:30pm via Zoom for Cleveland Documenters Community Of Practice (DCoP), our free and fun gathering and learning exchange.
Cleveland Documenters Community Of Practice (DCoP) is for Documenters, but it’s open to anyone. You don’t need to have attended a Documenters orientation or training. Whether you’ve taken no assignments or 20, come connect with other civic minded Clevelanders and learn more about this community and our work. Share what you’re seeing and hear what others are learning. All are welcome! Click the “Register” button to get the Zoom link.
Based on Neighbor Up’s Virtual Community of Practice, DCoP is a way to build community through sharing knowledge and skills. Come with a question, an idea, something you’re sitting with, or just to hang out and listen.
For our DCoP “Fresh Learning” group conversation we’re having an informal open discussion. A “parking lot” conversation in the middle of DCoP. Bring a question or topic you want to raise with other Documenters. Or just come to connect and hang out. Just one question to kick us off: What are you sitting with today?
DCoP breakout conversations: As usual, we’ll have our breakout room conversations. Bring your own question, challenge or breakthrough. Or choose from one of our other 25 minute breakout sessions:
- Public Meeting Assignment Best Practices & Discussion: Join this room to get support on the basics of note taking and live tweeting public meetings. Or join us to share your own insights and best practices!
- Other breakouts to be announced. Suggest one!
Anyone can learn to host parts DCoP. We need some folks to take on the following roles:
- Note taker: Take notes during our Fresh Learning conversation. Your notes will go into the DCoP public agenda that we’ll share out with all Documenters in a follow-up email.
- Chat host: Welcomes folks in the chat, shares links, collect emails
- Lead the DCoP Welcome
- Lead our “New & Good” check-in
- Lead the DCoP check-out
Learn more about each of these roles here, and let me know if you’re interested in taking one on!
NOTE: If you take on a DCoP role, you’ll need to join the Zoom at 5:30 for the team huddle.
Register to get the Zoom link.
Come up to 30 minutes early for tech support, and to connect with others and the space.
Stick around after 7:30 for our informal virtual hangout, place for that parking lot conversation AFTER the conversation.
Let us know if you have any questions! email@example.com